Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2013

A tour of the city Pößneck with light and shadow





I'm waiting for my surgery in hospital. And I am bored. To distract me from my worries, I was looking in our neighboring town. My dear friends and photographer Hartmut and Catherine have accompanied me and we did a tour of the city Pößneck.
Pößneck was founded in the 13th Century and has always been a city of craft and industry. They built ball bearings, manufactured porcelain and textiles.
Very special importance of the city as a location for a large printing.
Pößneck has one of the finest medieval town halls in Thuringia. One can find a lot of art in public spaces and beautiful new architecture. On the other hand, there are plenty of ruined buildings. In many corners of the city are houses collapsed and can no longer be used.
Here I show both sides of the city: light and shadow.







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen